Buying a refurbished computer is a smart choice that can save you a lot of money, especially when choose to buy from Dymin Systems, where every refurbished computer is hand-selected by an experienced crew who know great computers!
Did you know that refurbished computers are often more reliable than a brand-new computer? Refurbished systems are cleaned and thoroughly tested before being put up for re-sale. In fact, statistics show that your chance of receiving a defective refurbished unit is actually less than receiving a defective new one because of the extra stress tests the refurbs are subjected to.
Our selection of refurbished computers changes daily, so stop in and speak to one of our technicians, who can help you decide which system is right for you.
There are many advantages to buying used, and we at Dymin Systems are proud to offer this as an economical and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
- Saves you a bundle of your hard earned cash. Prices start at $49 and up.
- Many systems have specifications comparable to or exceeding brand-new computers, but at a fraction of the cost.
- Help the environment by keeping e-waste out of the landfill.
- Each computer is thoroughly tested and refurbished by one of our technicians.
- We include either a 90-day or 1-year “Same as New” parts & labor warranty with all refurbished computers.
Every used computer we sell is manually refurbished from start to finish by one of our technicians. Our refurbishing process has been designed to filter out any systems with potential flaws and ensure that you’re receiving only the best, like-new quality used computer system.
- We start with a visual inspection of each computer. We look for defects such as missing parts or loose connectors and we also check the motherboard for faulty capacitors know in the industry as “domed caps”.
- The computer will have parts upgrades added to increase the performance level far above the factory specifications. Often times, we completely max out our refurbished computers capabilities.
- Each computer is booted to test basic functionality and then a hardware-level testing program is run to ensure the CPU, memory, and motherboard chipsets are running properly.
- Next, a technician runs a DoD (Department of Defense) hard drive erasure program to completely erase the contents of the hard drive and protect the original owners data and privacy.
- The operating system is loaded using state-of-the-art network deployment system. A customized operating system “image” is loaded to the hard drive which contains a pre-installed, customized version of the appropriate Windows operating system. This “image” has been custom designed by our technicians to perform better than new and include all current updates, without and of the trial software and “junkware” commonly loaded on new computers.
- The computer is now booted to Windows and our technician verifies basic OS functionality and installs any recent updates
- The technician runs each system through a Multi-Point Checklist, designed by our experienced senior technicians, to check every function of the computer in detail including ports and drives.
- Each computer is now thoroughly cleaned—inside and out—to not only look new, but to ensure the internal cooling systems aren’t hampered by any dust build-up. A dust-repellant spray is also used!
- The last step is a complete system “burn-in test”. This type of test stresses the system to its max to try to induce any faults that may be on the verge of presenting themselves.
We purchase many of our computers from leasing companies or large corporate businesses with a short, 3-year IT equipment lifecycle. Many of these computer systems are only a few years old and have specifications much higher than typical “off-the-shelf” consumer computers. We also offer a trade-in program, where we’ll pay cash for your used desktop or laptop. All computers we buy, no matter what the source, are all treated to the same stringent refurbishment process.