Professional Electronic Recycling
Dymin is one of the largest professional electronic recycling facilities in the Des Moines metro. We fully understand the impact e-waste has on the environment, and we’re dedicated to helping reduce this type of toxic waste. We’ll dispose of your retired business or home computer equipment, portable electronics, scrap metal, and other materials in an earth-friendly manner, ensuring nothing goes to the dump and all reusable materials are broken down and recycled. All hard drive and storage device data is professionally destroyed, and certified data destruction is available for HIPAA or internal policy compliance.
Stop by our store during normal business hours with the items you’d like to recycle, and our staff will take them off your hands! We also offer pickup services for larger quantities of equipment.
Electronic Recycling: Devices and Materials We Accept
- Desktop Computers
- Laptop Computers
- LCD Monitors
- Keyboards, Mice, Speakers
- Hard Drives
- Internal PC Hardware
- Printers, Copiers*
- Portable Electronics
- LCD Televisions*
- DVD Players, VCR
- UPS Battery Backups
- Network Switches, Routers
- Network Racks
- Business Phone Systems
- Scrap Metal*
- Cell Phones
*These items may have charges or limitations. Please contact us for details.
Dymin’s Electronic Recycling Process
- Computers are evaluated to determine whether they are viable for resale.
- Broken computers are repaired, and those with current market value are refurbished and resold with a 90-day warranty.
- Dymin donates computer systems to charities, non-profit organizations, or others in need.
- Any computer not viable to repair or resell is dismantled, and parts with resale value are sold in our store or online.
- Computers determined to have no resale value are responsibly disposed of by our partners, who reclaim reusable raw materials and safely dispose of hazardous components.
Electronic Recycling: Device Trade-In Program
If you have a computer that you want to upgrade but don’t want to deal with trying to sell it, we can help! We’ll pay cash for your used desktop and laptop computers. Not all computers will have trade-in value, but we offer free estimates. We typically don’t accept equipment more than five years old, but the machine or some of its parts may still have resale value, so we can evaluate it for trade-in potential. In some cases, we do buy broken computers and laptops.
In the market for a new computer?
Recycling old machines makes room for a new addition. Whether you want a brand new computer or a refurbished model, we sell devices that are sure to meet your business or home needs.